We had plans for a new house this summer - it was going to take some focus. I have a personal loan and a 401K loan that helped us get through school that I needed to finish paying off and it was doable. And then we hit a massive bump in the road with lost wages, spent emergency funds and new medical bills for Tyrone's hurt back. (Just another of many bumps in the road, right? I should just factor a biennial financial/medical disaster into all of my plans)
So no new house - and back to making this one work in the best possible way.
Blythe got a new regular sized crib. It's a little tight in the girls room but I need the double bed for guests. I finally replaced the old dresser (I bought it second hand 15 years ago when my little sister came to live with us. All four Brown babies had a changing pad on that dresser.) The new dresser is second hand too but a lot sturdier. I love the coat of bright green paint. Dad added the new chalkboard which is perfect for games of school. I love the gallery wall best.
So no new house - and back to making this one work in the best possible way.
Blythe got a new regular sized crib. It's a little tight in the girls room but I need the double bed for guests. I finally replaced the old dresser (I bought it second hand 15 years ago when my little sister came to live with us. All four Brown babies had a changing pad on that dresser.) The new dresser is second hand too but a lot sturdier. I love the coat of bright green paint. Dad added the new chalkboard which is perfect for games of school. I love the gallery wall best.
You have a charming house, even if it is a tad small at the moment!
ReplyDeleteYou made an excellent choice 11 years ago. Who would have thought it would still be serving you so well after all this time!nana
With close proximity to your kids' schools and the Y, access to the greenway you love, a city pool in the middle, and nice neighbors, my neighborhood is where you should find your new house. I'm just saying.
ReplyDelete