I celebrated my fiftieth turn around the sun by traveling to Italy with my favorite friends. It was really just a magical trip. We cried and laughed and talked and hiked and kayaked and swam and shopped and explored and ate and rode on planes, ferries, trains and taxies.
Sara, Carleen and I flew into Florence and spent two days there exploring before meeting Courtney in Cinque Terre.
The best sandwiches at All Antico Vinaio.
Climbed to the top of the Duomo.
Amazing sandwiches at Schiacciamatta
On Monday we took the train to Cinque Terre to meet Courtney. Our Airbnb was in the old town way up high. Whew!
View from our Airbnb.
We hiked along the trail from Monterossa to Vernazza. So many steps but stunning views and a quick stop for fresh orange juice.
The water was so inviting we had to get in.
After a shower we took the train back for dinner at La Torre - the setting sun was outrageous.
Lying on the rocks down at the shore watching the stars.
We hiked from Corniglia to Riamagiorre to Manarola right through the vineyards.
The water was crystal clear and the most amazing shade of turquoise.
A sunset cooking class that had us dying laughing.
Morning coffee on our rooftop patio each day watching the sun come up over the cliffs.
Presents from my friend each day, including matching robes.
A day in Porto Venere.
Dinner at Torre Aurora
Walked through the mausoleum high up on the hill
Beach at Monterossa
Kayaking along the coast with more swimming.
And that is the best way to end it right there. Dream week!
My mom flew down and watched Blythe the whole week so I could just relax and not worry. I thanked her for coming and she replied:
I have been so lucky.
Comments
Post a Comment