I could not tell you how this amazing trip ever got started - I think we just started talking about birthday plans and before you know it Courtney and Matt, Cheryl and Brandon and Mark and I were heading to Orcas Island in Washington state for a week long birthday celebration.
We ferried across to the island and had the best week hiking, eating, moped riding, whale watching, playing games and being silly.
I can't get over how relaxed I look. Wow! Mark is a good partner.
Pulled into the ferry line and texted my friends. Where are you?
Then Matt jumped out of the car right in front of us!
Lunch at Orcas Hotel with ferry in background.
Hike up stunning Turtleback mountain.
The waving grasses and wild flowers in the field, all the islands in the distance. Just stunning!
See the bald eagle on the top of the tree? Watching it swoop around was magical.
Old growth forests with massive trees and ferns and moss everywhere. Most green I've ever seen.
Charcuterie board for Brandon's birthday.
Off the front deck of the AirBNB
Whale watching cruise for Courtney's birthday. Seeing the Orcas was lovely. But all the boats following their every move felt a little like harassment. I wouldn't do another.
Watching Court just happy and content made me so happy. She made it!
I baked my secret weapon cake at Courtney's request... used pans and supplies from the AirBNB so not my best looking bake ever. I glued it together with chocolate icing and it was delicious! Cheryl lives off mushroom coffee and almonds and she ate three pieces!
Mexican for supper because she said she wanted a "big plate of nachos" when I asked her about dinner.
Played silly games or cards after supper each night. We laughed so hard the whole week. Played this game about how well you knew your partner and Mark made me crazy! We knew nothing!
Coffee on the front porch overlooking the water each morning.
We walked on the ferry to San Juan island one day to rent mopeds and drive around that island. Ferry puzzles were the best!
Started off chilly. But so much fun! We stopped at two lighthouses. Both stunning! And then Roche harbor for lunch. Just such a beautiful corner of the world.
Fabulous! All grown up. You know more about Mark than when you started the vacation. Lot's of fun. mom
ReplyDelete