Derick is now moved from rehab to a group medical home where he has a bedroom in a house in the community with 24 hour care to keep up with him. I showed up to help him move his old things in to make his room his own and to let the caretakers know that Derick is loved and deserves top notch care.
A few supplies to set up his closet.
Hannah's family had lots going on and I got to go to a Ultimate Frisbee game for Isaiah and Clare and a play for Sebastian.
Lunch with Derick at the park next door.
Birthday celebrations for Sebastian and a hike on a bluff with Hannah and Isaiah.
I visited with Derick four days in a row for a few hours each day. Fun to reminisce about good old days. He said, "remember when you picked me up from the Hardy's house". Of course...I was planning on two days and here I am ten years later. Some days chatty and other days kind of quiet and subdued.
Wrapped up watching Jake's band play at a bar and Hannah getting hit on by a real treasure. Such a fun and silly evening.

.jpg)










All sounds wonderful. I am so glad Derek is in a real house. Company and care. Sounds good as posssible under the circumstances.
ReplyDelete