I was nominated for an Award for Excellence by my boss. I got to go to a fun ceremony and hear my nomination read out loud. I didn't move on to the next round, and rightly so... so many more qualified, hard working people than me. But it's nice to be appreciated.
Dr. Vouk, Vice Chancellor for Research, me, and Dr. Puente, my favorite co-worker
I had my annual performance review the next week. Five institutional goals and five personal goals. I sent my boss a document a few days before listing all my accomplishments related to each goal. In our meeting he just blanket gave me “exceeds expectations” on everything. Wow!
I am competent and capable and will grieve for the rest of my life that I was funneled into a Mommy track instead of a career. I have so much to offer! And I could have done both. I didn’t need to put every ounce of my brilliance and energy towards a man's career. But I love my kids and I enjoy my job, and my life feels low stress- it is what it is.




Comments
Post a Comment