Oh my goodness. My friend Sara just completed her final breast cancer treatment! We planned a celebration trip to leave just hours after she was finished. The trip was awesome, obviously. We stayed in a cute little shotgun house in the Bywater area.
First taste of crawfish for all of us at Bywater Brew Pub. The waiter was happy to teach us how to eat them.
Tasty but a lot of work.
We went to the StudioBe art exhibit. Amazing graffiti art by this cool guy.
And the Jamnola art experience.
A stroll through the sculpture garden next to the New Orleans Museum of Art after beignets for a snack at Cafe Du Monde. (I would def get beignets at the spot near the art museum, it was cleaner, smelled better and had better views than the one in Jackson Square)
At Napoleon house for cheers and compliments to Sara who was an absolute powerhouse through the whole cancer treatment. Working full time the entire time, and despite some really awful days stayed mostly upbeat and pleasant.
And then finally to a dueling piano bar at Pat O'Briens when I felt like I'd been awake for two days straight and it was way past my bedtime.
The pianist took song recommendations/tips and we dedicated the song "I'm a Survivor" to Sara is cancer free. The crowd cheered so loud and so long it was earth shaking. Sara! Sara! Sara! A magical moment for sure.
Dancing, silliness. A late night worth every second.
Comments
Post a Comment