We had such a lovely Thanksgiving. Derick got time off work and flew home from Wisconsin (where he lives with my little sister Hannah) As long as I've known him he said he was never, ever, ever, ever going to fly on an airplane. But coming home to see us all trumped any fears and he got on a plane and flew across the country. It was an adventure not without some complications - he sat on the plane on the tarmac for three nerve wracking hours before leaving, missed his connecting flight in JFK, rescheduled a new later flight and made it to Raleigh late that night. He handled it all so well and now flying is no big deal. He went to visit his mom and little sister and spent a morning playing basketball with Tyrone and eating Bojangles for lunch before the college boys got home.

Taye and Jaxon made it home Tuesday evening.

Cam (Taye's high school friend, and division one soccer player at George Mason) made it Tuesday evening too and stayed for two days. He is so kind to listen to all of Blythe's stories.

Tyrone and kids all went to a Hurricanes hockey game.

Scotia and I did lots of Thanksgiving cooking. We make a good team. We had to eat early so Derick could make it to the airport on time and we decorated, cooked and cleaned and still had time to shower and dress up.


Blythe ironed and folded all the napkins before Turkey bowl football.


Early morning Turkey Bowl Football.


The first turkey we have ever cooked by ourselves. Not as hard as I thought.

The whole crowd

Cam (Taye's high school friend, and division one soccer player at George Mason) made it Tuesday evening too and stayed for two days. He is so kind to listen to all of Blythe's stories.
Tyrone and kids all went to a Hurricanes hockey game.
Scotia and I did lots of Thanksgiving cooking. We make a good team. We had to eat early so Derick could make it to the airport on time and we decorated, cooked and cleaned and still had time to shower and dress up.
Blythe ironed and folded all the napkins before Turkey bowl football.
Early morning Turkey Bowl Football.
The first turkey we have ever cooked by ourselves. Not as hard as I thought.
The whole crowd
Such cute kids!
People say all the time we look like twins - and I can see it in this picture - except those eyebrows!


Yum, my favorite.
Yum, my favorite.
I dropped Derick off at the airport with a super long hug and the unmistakable sniffle of a few tears and then that last turn around and wave before going through security. My heart….

Relaxing and watching football...

Working out with Dad.

Exploring in the back yard.

Hanging Christmas lights.

More working out. Taye went to swim practice with Scotia too and had a great time.
They are all gone now and I'm cleaning up and getting back to my more quiet routine. Ahhh...
Relaxing and watching football...
Working out with Dad.
Exploring in the back yard.
Hanging Christmas lights.
More working out. Taye went to swim practice with Scotia too and had a great time.
They are all gone now and I'm cleaning up and getting back to my more quiet routine. Ahhh...
Comments
Post a Comment