Tyrone’s parents have mentioned wanting to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture since they moved here just before Covid. Since every thing is mostly back to normal now I figured out a time to take them up during the girls spring break. You have to book tickets exactly one month in advance first thing in the morning.

The first day we went see all the monuments: Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Martin Luther King Jr, Vietnam, The White House and the Washington Monument. We walked 9 miles and ate lots of frozen treats!








I have this memory (from this trip here) that The White House was miles and miles from all other monuments and should never be walked to again! I want you to imagine my surprise when I realized how close it was. DC with just adults and one 8 year old was literally a walk in the park.

We stayed at a hotel within walking distance, right on the wharf. We loved an evening there- eating, swinging and running through the fountain. Such a cool place.




The second day Pauline, Willie and Scotia spent the whole day at the African American museum. It was the highlight of the trip. Their history on display in a stunning museum with an entire floor dedicated to the era they grew up in. Pauline said she could feel the ancestors close. They don’t want their hard work forgotten.

Blythe and I hit up the Natural History Smithsonian, botanical gardens, a sculpture garden, the Capital lawn and more ice cream.

We arrived home just hours before our spring break company arrived.
The first day we went see all the monuments: Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Martin Luther King Jr, Vietnam, The White House and the Washington Monument. We walked 9 miles and ate lots of frozen treats!
I have this memory (from this trip here) that The White House was miles and miles from all other monuments and should never be walked to again! I want you to imagine my surprise when I realized how close it was. DC with just adults and one 8 year old was literally a walk in the park.
We stayed at a hotel within walking distance, right on the wharf. We loved an evening there- eating, swinging and running through the fountain. Such a cool place.
The second day Pauline, Willie and Scotia spent the whole day at the African American museum. It was the highlight of the trip. Their history on display in a stunning museum with an entire floor dedicated to the era they grew up in. Pauline said she could feel the ancestors close. They don’t want their hard work forgotten.
Blythe and I hit up the Natural History Smithsonian, botanical gardens, a sculpture garden, the Capital lawn and more ice cream.
We arrived home just hours before our spring break company arrived.
Comments
Post a Comment