Blythe had a three week fall break. We set up a paper calendar early and tried to figure out how we could mix fall fun with parents’ full time work. She ended up at camp three days a week and fun adventures two days a week plus weekends. Not ideal but certainly livable…. I have to say that some days I dropped her off and my heart ached (wishing for her a stay at home mom -- she wishes for a stay at home mom too). But I have now done 20 years of all consuming child care (including the infamous pandemic child care + full time work) and I want to work…in peace… so camp it is.
(Fall break 2014, Fall break 2013, Fall break 2009, Fall break 2014 Check list)

Took these cuties to the Bluegrass festival downtown. Good music and good food.


Spent the whole day at the NC Zoo. These girls are so adventurous and funny. Always a blast to follow them around.


Did a day long play date at a school friend's house. They have cats! So Blythe was happy.

Pumpkin patch and corn maze with Dad.

Honeycutt Park with Dad.

State Fair with Dad.


Joyner park with Mom.

Pullen Park and Guasaca with Dad - afterwards they came to visit me in my office (first time) to see where I work.


Train ride to Greensboro and kids science center with Dad.




Took these cuties to the Bluegrass festival downtown. Good music and good food.
Spent the whole day at the NC Zoo. These girls are so adventurous and funny. Always a blast to follow them around.
Did a day long play date at a school friend's house. They have cats! So Blythe was happy.
Pumpkin patch and corn maze with Dad.
Honeycutt Park with Dad.
State Fair with Dad.
Joyner park with Mom.
Pullen Park and Guasaca with Dad - afterwards they came to visit me in my office (first time) to see where I work.
Train ride to Greensboro and kids science center with Dad.
Oh my gosh. No need to feel guilty here .. only for all kids not so fortunate. nana r.
ReplyDelete