Courtney and I must have planned this adventure when things seemed like they were opening up. We’ve talked about hiking in southern Utah for awhile now and I’m so happy to have finally crossed it off the list. It was an awesome adventure! This first day we hiked up Milcreek Canyon in Salt Lake and I was huffing and puffing the whole way. Mountain hiking is no joke. We ate lunch on the patio at Cafe Rio.
Friday we met up with Cheryl, Trisha, Andrew and his girlfriend to drive down south. We hiked first in some narrows at Capital Reef and then up to Cassidy Arch. A tough hike up the side of the mountain but the view at top was stunning!
Saturday we hiked three slot canyons in Escalante. Zebra slot canyon was full of freezing water and too tight for me. Fortunately I didn’t need to get all the way though to complete the hike. Peek-a-Boo gulch was stunning. My favorite hike of the trip. After Peek-a-Boo was Spooky gulch and that was terrifying. It kept going and going and getting tighter and tighter and there was no way I could sanely back track. Andrew talked me down from a brief panic attack and I made it through. (Might have army crawled on the ground briefly) So happy to see the other side. This might have been the hike when Cheryl earned the nick name FU Cheryl! She called us her three Weenies. I was Weenie number 1 of course! We also laughed, yelled, cursed and oohed and ahhed non-stop...
The final day we spent at Bryce Canyon. So beautiful. And such lovely, spacious wide paths. The weather was perfect.
On Monday before the airport we ate lunch up in the canyon and Courtney had a gift and card too, as if the whole hiking adventure wasn’t enough. It was a fantastic, adventurous, amazing weekend. I am so lucky to have wonderful friends.
Comments
Post a Comment