My friend Carleen has had a long year. It’s been a tough year for everyone but in the middle of it all she’s cared for her sister and her two nieces while her sister recovered from breast cancer. Then she cared for her mother in law for months as she slowly died from cancer. In the middle of that her father died and she spent a few weeks with him saying goodbye and burying him.





I promised her a someday escape when she was in the thick of it and while I wish it had been a whole week away I was happy to plan this quick weekend trip to the beach.
We stayed right on the river walk in Wilmington. Walkable to great shops and restaurants. The beach was a quick drive and I loved jumping in waves and not having to keep track of kids.
I’m lucky to have wonderful friends!
Comments
Post a Comment