Skip to main content

Mother’s Day



Scotia made me this amazing breakfast. She is an excellent cook. Deviled eggs are a new quarantine skill and I'm so delighted about that!  Yum!  (Note Blythe's PB&J sandwich :-)




Tyrone arranged a picnic at the landfill park for lunch. Everyone came. We ate yummy food and played catch and enjoyed the view.  The best part of the day were notes from each of the older kids... 

Taye said, "The more I grow the more I realize how much you have done for me and our family....I remember a time I had to pick Derick up from a really far place and the whole time I was thinking about how you had to do that for years. Thank you. Thank you for countless years of driving to sports, fun activities and amazing diners. Thank you for all the love and support you have given me in all my ventures...."

Derick said, "....I learn something new from you and about you every time we talk and there are many days and years to come love you."

From Jaxon"....But sometimes I wonder how do you find the energy to do everything you do and did? To be the teacher and the nurse when I was a kid.  To be a cook and a friend. And find time to do fun activities like Pullen Park and Shelly Lake, Marbles, Defy Gravity etc. I just couldn't imagine. And now I see that it was love. And I thank you for it! I don't know what I would do without you. ..."

From Scotia a poem, "You're of beautiful shades and very curvy. You're interesting and have an odd but glamorous complexion. You're a sterling cook. You're eyes are the color of the ocean sometimes the color of green coral or sometimes they look like the ocean when there is a sunset there is a little bit of yellow specks on the navy blue waters and your hair the color of the deepest spot in the ocean with the shape of a wave...."

My dad called me too with nice compliments! 













After the picnic I dropped Derick off at his mom’s house so he could see her too. The Browns came over for supper and afterwards we played memory match and Uno. Blythe killed us all. 



My kids are growing up to be responsible and kind.  Win, win, win. The end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divorced

Maybe you figured something was up and maybe not.  Tyrone and I have been separated for four years (2 years during covid just living in our house with all the kids, and two years Tyrone living in a condo we purchased nearby) now and just finalized the divorce this spring.  Compared to what I usually hear it was a pretty easy process and I think we are doing a fantastic job taking care of our kids together!  I'm super proud of us!  I feel so light and free and happy and confident.  And I've been on a few dates... all which were super fun and enjoyable and relaxing.  So happy with my life at this stage.  And a few cute date outfits for you: Fancy French restaurant in Durham.  First time having a bottle of wine uncorked and poured at the table. We are both big supporters of public education.  Nearby Mexican restaurant with lots of conversation about our Canadian roots. Playing cards at a brewery in Cary.  Started off so fun and silly. ...

Appaloosa Fest 2025

Mark and Blythe and I drove north and Courtney and Christine and Nicole drove south to meet us at the Labor Day Weekend  Appaloosa Music Festival for the third year in a row.  Georgia's dad's (Ben) band was playing !  They sounded amazing!  Mark's favorite of the whole weekend. Scythian played and we danced.  Then we got home to our haunted house super late and stayed up even later playing a game.  Sunday morning we hiked Knob's ridge.  And then back for a second day of music.  And Blythe taking care of the animals.  Monday morning Courtney and Nicole were feeling a little sick so they headed home.  Mark, Blythe and I hiked to the Seven Pools and then drove home too.  Great weekend! Blythe and I both had shirts on that we took from Courtney's good will  pile last time we were at her house.  

I did not lose my faith I lost my belief

A few years ago just before Christmas Scotia asked Tyrone if Santa was real and he told her the truth. She'd been working up to it - wondering why I had a closet full of presents under a blanket, why the wrapping paper all matched, how Santa could get in the house without a proper fireplace, how could Santa make it around the world in one night, how could he get in houses without a key, why some kids got so much or so little or nothing... finally the evidence was just overwhelming and she asked Tyrone. Post Santa Christmases are just as good as Santa Christmases.  She loves helping me buy presents and she is chief wrapper now.