We had a really wonderful Thanksgiving.
















I picked up Derick and Taye Tuesday eve and everyone was off Wednesday except me. Tyrone’s sister Anesha and her husband and niece were already in town and all went Axe throwing for the afternoon. Looked like it was a lot of fun.
Thursday Tyrone worked. Blythe and I played at the stream behind our house and then the kids and I packed up our contributions and went to over to the grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner. Pauline’s younger sisters and brother drove in from out of town. It was a big happy crowd.
Friday morning some brave souls went Black Friday shopping. Tyrone and I took Blythe for a hike. That afternoon we all went bowling and then came back to our house for soup, salad, pizza and card playing.
At one point we had 20 people in the basement playing video games, singing, dancing, playing ping pong, practicing the guitar and watching Blythe cheer from her perch on the coffee table. It was a perfect moment and my house fit everyone just right.
Also a funny note: I was teasing Taye at Thanksgiving about only liking a very certain type of cute white girl. Not too tall, long straight hair, petite build, confident but quiet - so when he left to pick up a friend from college and brought her back to the house he was afraid to come down to the basement because he thought everyone would tease him. No one teased him but lots of grownups looked at me and nodded. I am not wrong... Love Taye and his girls!!’
A perfect Thanksgiving celebration! nana r.
ReplyDelete