My best friend of 14 years is leaving again - following her husband to a new job across the country.
We met with friends for one last lunch out at Lemongrass Thai. (An almost monthly occurrence since I moved up this way)

And then a birthday lunch for Emily with a bunch of other friends.

This goodbye dinner included husbands - but the picture was women only.
I am so sad to see her go. But last time she left (2010?) I was distraught. Tyrone was heading back to grad school, I had a bunch of little kids and I needed Emily to keep me sane. This time around I am sad, but can handle it. My life feels so much more content.
We met with friends for one last lunch out at Lemongrass Thai. (An almost monthly occurrence since I moved up this way)
And then a birthday lunch for Emily with a bunch of other friends.
This goodbye dinner included husbands - but the picture was women only.
I am so sad to see her go. But last time she left (2010?) I was distraught. Tyrone was heading back to grad school, I had a bunch of little kids and I needed Emily to keep me sane. This time around I am sad, but can handle it. My life feels so much more content.

Comments
Post a Comment