This is such a fun story. When I was a junior at BYU a local stock art/photo company contacted Dawn in Student Relations and asked for names of a few brown students on campus who could model for a photo shoot. (Provo/Orem was ridiculouly white and they were having a hard time finding diverse models) Dawn gave them my name and I gathered a few friends for a first fun photo shoot behind the Maeser building. Over the years Tyrone and I did a few shoots. Intially we were paid in photos, but later they paid $25 an hour after you signed away your rights to the photos.
When they heard we had a baby they called us in. I mostly took pay in photos - because they were such cute, professional photos of my little babe. At most Taye made $100.
Clearly the company made way more selling his image. Over the past 17 years he has shown up all over the place - billboards, advertisements, store signage, web site design, gift cards. Throughout the years friends have sent me links to web sites, pictures and pages torn from magazines. Baby Taye lives on!
Here's links to a few I've posted on the blog. Local Church, Fresh Market, Costco, Red Cross, President's Choice.







Comments
Post a Comment