I threw a little birthday party for my friend Emily. I invited a few friends over and we ate yummy food, played a silly card game and talked. Super fun evening.
I wanted to remember though, that it was a crazy busy day and I was in the midst of cooking supper and baking a cake when Taye needed a ride downtown to swim (some days he could catch a ride, not this day). I checked on the cake, noted that it was almost done and then I just asked Scotia to finish up the pots on the stove, hopped in the car and drove downtown. I was on Hillsborough street when I remembered my Cake!!!! I called home quick and begged someone to take it out.
I came home and iced what I assumed would be a very well done and dry cake. But later that night when we sliced it it was perfect! Scotia had managed the supper and removed the cake from the oven when it was done - before I had even asked. She is a rock star!
ReplyDeleteScotia, I am so proud of you. Thank you for your help . We can count on you! love, nana r.