Me neighbor passed away over the weekend. She battled pancreatic cancer for three years. Last year when I realized she wasn't working anymore I knocked on the door and asked how I could help. She needed someone to go walking with just in case she needed help and that was easy for me to do. During our walks I learned that she could use some help with healthy lunches and I could make my lunch and leave half at her back door and that was easy too. I learned to love this woman over the past year. I am so sad for a life gone too young.
I am still tired. Seminary is too early, two year olds are too busy, swimmers need time consuming rides to never ending practices and meets, kids tease too much, there is so much mess, teenagers stay up too late. I can't shake a constant fog in my head.
But I'm not quitting. Because I have been given much I too must give.
I'm so sorry about your neighbor. She was lucky to have you. You are always such an amazing example of selfless service and love.
ReplyDeleteYou have a good heart, Jess.
ReplyDelete