I challenged Taye to an end of summer triathlon. He was certain he could beat me. And he did!
On Saturday we competed in the Lake Norman YMCA triathlon. 750 yard lake swim, 17.8 mile bike ride and 3 mile run. Taye finished in 1:52 and I finished in 2:08. It was challenging but seriously fun! I did trip and fall about a mile into the run and finished with blood/sweat dripping down my arm. Lovely!
![]() |
| Getting marked up with race number 5:30 am |
![]() |
| Setting up our transitions. Sneakers, socks, shirt and helmet out and ready to go. |
![]() |
| Neighborhood run |
![]() |
| All finished! |
We headed back to the hotel for a shower! And then lunch at Zoe's. They make greek salads I love! We sat out on the patio in the warm sunshine with a pleasant breeze and filled our hungry bellies and talked race strategy for next year. Post triathlon perfection. The second Taye was done eating he popped up and said he was ready to go. I asked if he planned to do that on a real date. "Well, no, the girl would want to talk right?" Yes, Tayeberry.






ReplyDeleteYou guys might not have won, but you are surely first place handsomest duo! Ahhh lots of fun. I am so glad you can afford to do these things! ( and want to. ) nana
That is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYour time wasn't too far off his, which ain't bad when you think of the age difference! Yay you!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!!
ReplyDelete