Taye graduated from middle school. He introduced the guest speaker and spoke clearly and slowly and made eye contact with the audience. He received an academic excellence award for science.
And then he ate a few treats, took some pictures with his friends and was out of there (by 10:30 am!). No hugs for teachers, no fond looks back, just done and moving on. I took his squad out for lunch and then dropped them off at Defy Gravity for some "no more middle school!" celebrating.
Can't believe I have a high schooler now - and a middle schooler and an elementary schooler and a toddler home schooler. I'm a planner - how did I end up in a predicament like this?
So I know you're now wondering the same thing Tyrone and I are..... how do our kids go to schools with lots of black kids but have mostly white friends? I'm not sure what dynamics are at play here but everyone is happy so whatever!
And then he ate a few treats, took some pictures with his friends and was out of there (by 10:30 am!). No hugs for teachers, no fond looks back, just done and moving on. I took his squad out for lunch and then dropped them off at Defy Gravity for some "no more middle school!" celebrating.
Can't believe I have a high schooler now - and a middle schooler and an elementary schooler and a toddler home schooler. I'm a planner - how did I end up in a predicament like this?
| The Quad Squad. At a graduation party a few days before. |
So I know you're now wondering the same thing Tyrone and I are..... how do our kids go to schools with lots of black kids but have mostly white friends? I'm not sure what dynamics are at play here but everyone is happy so whatever!

Wow-- great looking kids ! Congratulations on your advancement, Taye! So well done! nana
ReplyDelete