A few years ago just before Christmas Scotia asked Tyrone if Santa was real and he told her the truth. She'd been working up to it - wondering why I had a closet full of presents under a blanket, why the wrapping paper all matched, how Santa could get in the house without a proper fireplace, how could Santa make it around the world in one night, how could he get in houses without a key, why some kids got so much or so little or nothing... finally the evidence was just overwhelming and she asked Tyrone. Post Santa Christmases are just as good as Santa Christmases. She loves helping me buy presents and she is chief wrapper now.
It's all good.
ReplyDeleteWhile I may think that same-sex couples deserve to have rights that they have been denied historically, I don't believe that marriage is one of them. Marriage was divinely instituted by God in the Garden of Eden. No prophet has stated that Heavenly Father has changed His mind since then. No amount of love or compassion I might feel for others makes me want to deny my testimony of a God who speaks to a living prophet today. By overruling God, I feel the Supreme Court has placed our society on a precarious path. Any misconceptions I may have had about this ruling not affecting me and my family have been addressed here: http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/the-divine-institution-of-marriage.
ReplyDelete