The Ricks came down for Thanksgiving and it was a blast. We hung out with the Cleverly's too. We are not a small group with 17 people but everyone gets along so well. If I had to describe hanging out with them in one word it would be 'effortless'. (History of the friendship here)
Thanksgiving morning most of us ran a 5k - Emily and Courtney rocked a half marathon. And then came home and cooked all day.
We divvy up the meal and divide and conquer. Matt's stuffing rocks, Taye is a pie wiz. I made cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes with a crunchy pecan topping. Tyrone was in charge of the mac n cheese. Scotia whipped the cream. Dinner was delicious. We played scattegories and nertz with the bigger kids. Totally fun. And I didn't hear one kid complain about another the whole day - effortless....
Friday was some shopping, football (since bad weather cancelled it on Thankgsiving day) dinner at Pei Wei, ice cream out for the women, a late movie for the men.
![]() |
| Blythe doing laps around the kitchen island with a can of coke and the dog - whom she loved! Classic Ricks. |
Saturday the Ricks had family and senior pictures with Crickett and then we all biked the 15 miles from our house to the Cleverly's. Another dinner out for pizza and wings and then the Ricks left for home.
Are you worn out yet? Love my friends - they are my family.









ReplyDeletewow. Good friends are priceless.
One of my favorite Thanksgivings!!! Thanks for everything. I have the greatest friends in the world!!!
ReplyDeleteDitto to Courtney's comment.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a perfect holiday. I am so glad that you have such wonderful friends.
ReplyDelete