We had big plans for Christmas. Tuesday we were heading up to the Ricks house for celebrating and snowboarding. The kids had new snowpants, we had farmers market salsa and ginger beer for a Christmas Eve party. The Rick's Danish breakfast and pot roast supper was calling us north and... my back totally gave out.
It was a little sore over the weekend but by Monday night I was miserable and Tues/Wed/Thurs couldn't stand up straight or walk with out help. Out of the blue - I've never had back issues before.
Unfortunately for us Tyrone has been off work for three weeks now with a sore back. It's an old football injury roaring back with a vengeance. He can walk now with a limp but still hurts.
Since he was the most mobile he had to take over - groceries (fridge was empty for heading out of town), dinners, present wrapping. Everything! Two cripples and four really excited and then really dissapointed kids.
Santa came anyway. The boys got tickets to an NBA game, Taye a tent and Jaxon a fit bit.
Scotia got a sewing machine. And the whole family got a kitchen aid from my mom! It's been a dream for all the bakers around here for awhile now.
Here's to health and healing in 2015! (Back to the future anyone?)


Back pain is no joke! I once had a pinched nerve in my neck that made EVERYTHING painful. Several chiropractor visits later I was much better. I hope everyone feels back to normal again soon.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Hopefully you will all mend soon and be back to your usual medley of activities . nana
Oh no! I had no idea you were in such pain (maybe still are???) I'm so sorry your plans were ruined. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help!
ReplyDeleteI have had so many back issues since baby number four; those babies destroy whatever core muscles may have been there 😉. I do chiro and massage to try to be preventative. If I do some thing to hurt it acupuncture is amazing and ice/heat save me!
ReplyDelete