My friend Evelyn, nursery leader on Sundays and immigration attorney all the other days of the week is in New Mexico this week providing pro bono legal services to women and children who have crossed the border illegally and are being held in "family friendly prisons".
I try sometimes to imagine how desperate I would have to be to send my boys off on their own to find safety in a far away country or to pack up my two girls and try to escape with just the items I carry on my back. My imagining doesn't go well. I'm glad that a few families who have survived the unimaginable journey will meet Evelyn's smiling face at the end of it.
Follow along here - Destination Due Process - as Evelyn and three friends spend the week hard at work serving the people who need their help most.
God speed.
I try sometimes to imagine how desperate I would have to be to send my boys off on their own to find safety in a far away country or to pack up my two girls and try to escape with just the items I carry on my back. My imagining doesn't go well. I'm glad that a few families who have survived the unimaginable journey will meet Evelyn's smiling face at the end of it.
Follow along here - Destination Due Process - as Evelyn and three friends spend the week hard at work serving the people who need their help most.
God speed.

Yeah Evelyn!
ReplyDeletewow. I'm glad that there are smart & kind people helping these families.
ReplyDelete