I didn't like cauliflower as a kid and since I'm the boss now there hasn't been any in our house. Then Scotia asked for cauliflower after she had it at a friend's house. I'm not stupid enough to turn down a request like that so I picked up a head at Trader Joes and asked in the checkout suggestions for cooking. Here's what I got.
Roasted Cauliflower
Heat oven to 350.
Spread nice layer of olive oil on cookie sheet.
Spread out cauliflower florets.
Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
Bake until the cheese is toasty brown and florets are soft but not mushy. (Maybe 20 mins)
Oh wow! We are eating it at least once a week now!
Roasted Cauliflower
Heat oven to 350.
Spread nice layer of olive oil on cookie sheet.
Spread out cauliflower florets.
Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
Bake until the cheese is toasty brown and florets are soft but not mushy. (Maybe 20 mins)
Oh wow! We are eating it at least once a week now!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing a new way! nana
Abraham has been begging me for cauliflower all the time lately. I've just been boiling or steaming it. I'll have to try this.
ReplyDeleteI do this with chopped garlic and parm and I actually think I could eat the entire pan myself, I haven't but I know I could!! Never roasted a veg I didn't like. Wanted to tell you thank you for your post about the LIttle House in the Big Woods books, I started reading them to my three oldest and they are hooked. The best part is my second son who doesn't get excited about much. He is my hardest to choose books for and he was on the edge of his bed tonight reading Farmer Boy. I love it!! Thank you. JOy
ReplyDeleteMy boys like broccoli, but they don't tolerate its cousin "white broccoli" at all. I should try this version of cauliflower instead. I've never done it, but I've heard you can roast broccoli in this same way. It's supposed to make it taste a little different than just steaming it.
ReplyDelete