(Just for fun before adventure number four! All three birth stories - edited for the web)
The night before Taye arrived Tyrone and I had an appointment with the stake president. He called Tyrone to be a counselor in our married ward bishopric. After, we drove up to Orem to tell Tyrone’s parents and then Tyrone went to play ball at Gold’s gym. He came home after midnight and we hung out and then went to sleep. I came flying awake around 5 with the most outrageous contractions and they didn’t stop. We started packing bags and getting ready to go. The nurse midwives had mentally prepared me to be late and since this was 5 days early I didn't have anything ready…..
While we were getting ready to leave my mom was on speaker phone in the hall (a real telephone sitting on a little table, next to the phone books - remember those?) and admist my wailing I could hear her telling Tyrone it was time to get me to the hospital! He was trying to take care of me, pack to leave and keep my mom calm all at the same time. It's a great memory.
While we were getting ready to leave my mom was on speaker phone in the hall (a real telephone sitting on a little table, next to the phone books - remember those?) and admist my wailing I could hear her telling Tyrone it was time to get me to the hospital! He was trying to take care of me, pack to leave and keep my mom calm all at the same time. It's a great memory.
Our doula arrived at 7 and we all drove to the hospital.
Tyrone’s mom and sister joined us in the labor and delivery room too. But I was pretty focused on contractions the whole time and nothing else!
I labored for some time in the tub. Mid morning I got a shot of stadol and that took a slight edge off the contractions. The midwife was very low key - no IV’s or epidurals or attached monitoring. By the time it was wearing off it was time to push. I pushed for 45 minutes and then at 12:49 pm Taye arrived. He weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. A perfectly beautiful baby who liked to cry!
I called my mom to celebrate. Tyrone took lots of pictures.
Later we called our bishop to tell him Tryone had accepted the calling. He asked who the baby looked like and Tyrone said, “He looks like you bishop!” He did look like an old white man! But grew into the most darling brown baby on the planet.
You can see the Taye of today in that sweet peaceful face .
ReplyDeleteTaye and I spent a lot of time together when I visited Provo that first time after he was born .Those were early mornings,and late nights ;we slept in the same room. During the day we took relaxing ,peaceful long walks in the sunshine.I remember, while changing his diaper on a park bench , Taye watching intently the sunlight moving on the leaves of the tree above us.We both enjoyed the interlude, then walked on a few more miles.
I still wear (love)the dress we purchased together that visit, in Deseret Thrift store. Thank you, Taye, for wonderful memories. Nana