Jaxon came speeding into the world on Dec 18 - three days early. After a good night’s sleep Tyrone and I woke up at 7:30. Around 8 my water broke and I started having mild contractions. Tyrone started getting Taye ready for preschool while I showered and finished packing my bag. Since I was still handling things okay I suggested that Tyrone take Taye to preschool and then come back. We called my parents and told them that the baby seemed to be on the way - they were somewhere in Pennsylvania at a hotel on their way down to see us for Christmas. At 8:30 I called the Clarks and asked them to pick Taye up from preschool at 12:30. Around 8:50 Dad took Taye to school and I was starting to get a little uncomfortable – concentrating on contractions instead of being able to pack and clean up. I knew Jaxon was on the way though – so I kept reminding myself in a little while I would have a beautiful new baby.
By the time Tyrone got back to the house at 9:30 I was out of control – he could hear the wailing from the parking lot of our apartment complex. The fact that I made it down three flights of stairs and into the backseat of the car was nothing short of a miracle and the hope of some drugs at the hospital. We parked right in the front of the hospital doors and rushed into the lobby where people starting pouring out of everywhere when they heard me scream. We made it up to the fifth floor and the nurse who checked me said I was totally dilated. It was time to push. But first they needed a room and the midwife. It took a few minutes to get everything ready and even longer to convince me to climb up on the bed. But I did after a pretty stern pep talk from a nurse who looked me right in the face and said, "You can keep screaming, or start pushing and it will be over". Minutes later out came this perfectly perfect, beautiful little baby boy. Jaxon was born at 10:08 am and was as healthy as can be. He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz. I was madly in love with him right from the start. After Tyrone said hello to Jaxon and congratulations to me we called the Clarks and told them Tyrone would pick up Taye from preschool after all. Then Tyrone had to go move our car which was still sitting in the no parking zone right outside the doors.
At 6pm my mom and dad showed up and were thrilled to meet their hours old grandson. Jaxon turned out to be a great sleeper and a really peaceful baby. Perfectly perfect.

He arrived fast and hasn't stopped since!
ReplyDeleteI was so impressed when I arrived at the hospital early that same evening of Jaxon's birth to find you sitting crosslegged on the bed, ready to go home. You had just had a good workout that day. Nothing more. nana