Taye had his favorite friend over Sunday eve and we went for a pleasant bike ride down the paved greenway. Then the boys decided to do a little off roading on a single lane dirt path that winds along the river's edge. They came back to the main path dirty, soaking wet and eyes flashing with excitement to tell us how Jaxon slid bike and all down the side of the bank into the river and then the friend slipped trying to grab him and how Taye had to get a big stick to pull the friend out, who pulled Jaxon out, who was still hanging on to his bike.
Taye had on new 24 hour old hiking boots too. They are broken in now.
In the process of the great save the back tire of Taye's bike got all messed up. The bike shop is going to freak out when I cart it in there again for repairs. What does this boy do on this bike???????
Best adventure all week. That was the consensus.
I've thought many times that I ought to have parents fill out a limit of liability form when they drop kids off here. "I, ________________, promise not to sue or be angry with the Brown family if my child breaks an arm bouncing down the steps, or gets shot with an air soft gun or bitten by a poisonous snake in the woods or drowns playing near the river...."
I'm trying hard to strike a reasonable balance between adventure killing safety and all out life risking behavior. We wear helmets for bikes and skateboards always, and glasses always for shooting guns, and stay with a buddy near the water. So far so good....
Taye had on new 24 hour old hiking boots too. They are broken in now.
In the process of the great save the back tire of Taye's bike got all messed up. The bike shop is going to freak out when I cart it in there again for repairs. What does this boy do on this bike???????
Best adventure all week. That was the consensus.
I've thought many times that I ought to have parents fill out a limit of liability form when they drop kids off here. "I, ________________, promise not to sue or be angry with the Brown family if my child breaks an arm bouncing down the steps, or gets shot with an air soft gun or bitten by a poisonous snake in the woods or drowns playing near the river...."
I'm trying hard to strike a reasonable balance between adventure killing safety and all out life risking behavior. We wear helmets for bikes and skateboards always, and glasses always for shooting guns, and stay with a buddy near the water. So far so good....

And, he swims like a Brown, so you should be good!
ReplyDelete