My mom came to visit us! She ended up being delayed a few days because of superstorm Sandy but we still had plenty of time once she got here.
There was no end of busy-ness:
We watched Taye at a swim meet one night. Three hours of sitting in the stands for 27.99 seconds of racing - but he qualified for his second event at the state championships in the spring so that was exciting.
We enjoyed working out at the Y and leaving freshly showered and ready for a little shopping.
Watched Jaxon start his new basketball team. We are playing serious basketball this year folks!
We enjoyed killer pink ladies from the farmers market. No other apple has ever brought me so much happiness!
We attended the craft day for my ward and made cute totes, yummy chocolates, t-shirt scarves and enjoyed the visiting and delicious food. My mom just fits right in.
We rode bikes down the greenway, popped in on a few beautiful open houses and waltzed through a favorite furniture store.
Mom and I tried to skip rocks down at Falls Lake but the boys seriously outperformed us.
We rode the carousel and train at Pullen park with kids. And then Mom and I spent a fabulous afternoon walking with some friends through historic Oakwood to a handmade fair at the city market. It was a picture perfect afternoon and I didn't take a single one.
I went to my three day conference in Greensboro and mom managed all the ins and outs of lunches, carpools etc. It is not a fun or easy job but she did great. Thanks mom!
On the last night we made a $100K fire and burned our big box of school papers. Be gone!
On a less fun note the kids were grumpy and demanding and over the top with teasing and wrestling. There is no peace when they are awake. I need to work on that if we want more visitors!
There was no end of busy-ness:
We watched Taye at a swim meet one night. Three hours of sitting in the stands for 27.99 seconds of racing - but he qualified for his second event at the state championships in the spring so that was exciting.
We enjoyed working out at the Y and leaving freshly showered and ready for a little shopping.
Watched Jaxon start his new basketball team. We are playing serious basketball this year folks!
We enjoyed killer pink ladies from the farmers market. No other apple has ever brought me so much happiness!
We attended the craft day for my ward and made cute totes, yummy chocolates, t-shirt scarves and enjoyed the visiting and delicious food. My mom just fits right in.
We rode bikes down the greenway, popped in on a few beautiful open houses and waltzed through a favorite furniture store.
Mom and I tried to skip rocks down at Falls Lake but the boys seriously outperformed us.
We rode the carousel and train at Pullen park with kids. And then Mom and I spent a fabulous afternoon walking with some friends through historic Oakwood to a handmade fair at the city market. It was a picture perfect afternoon and I didn't take a single one.
I went to my three day conference in Greensboro and mom managed all the ins and outs of lunches, carpools etc. It is not a fun or easy job but she did great. Thanks mom!
On the last night we made a $100K fire and burned our big box of school papers. Be gone!
On a less fun note the kids were grumpy and demanding and over the top with teasing and wrestling. There is no peace when they are awake. I need to work on that if we want more visitors!


You and your mom are too cute- I can totally see the resemblance and I'm glad that she gets to visit frequently and help you out- lucky you!
ReplyDeleteIt's true. I'm just the brown, curly haired version of my mom. Love it!
ReplyDelete