I spent another really wonderful weekend with my favorite friends.
Emily picked me up from the airport and we went straight to the
Brimfield Antique Show. It was wild. I've never seen so many booths and antiques in my life. I admired a few bigger items (but size and cost were restricting) and ended up purchasing a few pieces of Fiestaware to add to my collection.
 |
| Courtney and her friends, Stacey and Terri met us there. |
 |
| I loved the colors and feel of this booth. Black, white and beige with a colorful chalkboard. Perfect! |
We headed back to Emily's house for dinner and
Cape Cod Ragnar van packing. Up early Friday morning to head to the starting line. The race was a blast. The scenery was amazing, my races were challenging and I laughed til I cried hanging out with five great women.
 |
| Switching from leg 6 to leg 7 and van 1 runners to van 2 runners. |
|
 |
| Courtney with night running gear for an evening run along the canal trail. |
 |
| Everyone had an iphone. Non- stop texting and blogging the whole weekend. |
 |
| A dead end as the sun was rising. |
More details about the race here on our team blog.
On Sunday Courtney, Emily and I headed into Boston. It was one of the most relaxing days of my life. We ate lunch in the sun. Took a ride on the Swan Boats at the public gardens, then sat on the grass and listened to musicians play. Walked to the North End so we could sit and watch boats in the harbor, dinner al fresco and then a sweet treat from Mike's to end the day. Divine!
|
|
Swan Boats at Public Gardens
|
 |
| There are no words to describe this tourist attraction. They were all playing Kazoos in case you can't see. |
Great pics!! Looks like fun. I'm glad you got a weekend away and had a great time. You deserve it after the past few years. :)
ReplyDeleteWe missed you Rachel!
ReplyDeletewhat a nice Sunday! Love Mike's pastry, we stood in line FOREVER once to get something there.
ReplyDeletebeautiful scenery. You look fabulous, too!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful prize for making it through school!
That looks like it was so fun and a wonderful trip! One of these days maybe I'll get myself in gear enough to run a ragnar.
ReplyDelete