On Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend Emily, Courtney and I got to go for a run. I sure miss those. The men worked out at the Y and then the women went out for lunch and a little shopping while the men and kids did a little fishing.
We spent the afternoon at an antiques mall where Emily found a great trunk, Courtney a bench and cool desk and I bought four more Fiestaware cereal bowls, even though I admired a sweet cake stand. (Next year with a paycheck, right?) We completely enjoyed an afternoon to ourselves!
Here's a conversation from the day I don't want to forget:
Parent 1 sending kids out the front door, "Don't play in the street!"
Parent 2, "That's what they're doing, racing (tinker toy) cars in the street!"
Parent 1, "Watch out for cars then!"
Parent 3, "More danger of being eaten by a bear than seeing any cars!"
The kids were all safe all weekend despite crazy crowds in Manhattan, football games, airsoft guns, fishing at the lake, playing in the street and hours of trampoline jumping.
Late Saturday evening I was making my secret weapon. When it was ready to be frosted I asked Courtney for a cake stand to put it on. She pulled out this sweet glass stand - just the right size, with a nice tall stem. I admired it, I told her I loved it and wait - wasn't it just like the one I saw that afterrnoon at the market?! It was a Christmas present from Emily and Courtney. They are so good to me.
We all enjoyed every minute of our friends all weekend long. It was so good to be together again. Can't wait 'til our next get together.

I almost cried- that was so nice of them!
ReplyDeleteAwwww - you got to run with Emily. I'm so jealous. Miss those runs!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you all got together! :) I am super jealous though......
ReplyDeleteSuch great taste! Love you and your friends!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute story..with a perfect ending! How Great!
ReplyDelete