We've had a fun time crossing off most of the items on our bucket list. (Except for the dentist - I'll spare you the picture of Jaxon's mouth after getting two teeth pulled. Ouch! The tooth fairy was very generous to compensate for the pain.)
This bike extension for Scotia was brilliant and pretty cheap, considering. I love to bike (faster than crawl speed) and this makes it possible.
Jax and I have gone running a few times. I have an almost four mile route and he kicks my butt. He's home sipping ice water on the couch before I catch up to him. How does a seven year old do that??? (The only thing I like better than sport socks in sandals is when he wears these soccer socks. Even better when he matches this pink tie dyed Krispy Kreme run shirt with blue and red plaid shorts. I veto that. Have to draw the line somewhere!)
We biked on a greenway that ended up on Hillsborough St across from NC State. When we pulled up on the side walk ready for a snack we were standing in front of FreshBerry. Serve yourself frozen yogurt and toppings. Jaxon is still ecstatic about this place!!! It's his greatest fantasy come true.
We played out in the street with friends.
We made this chocolate cake and it was so incredible I can't even post the recipe. I have to save it as my secret weapon!
The boys played lots and lots of tennis. Anything to be running around. I fear breaking the peaceful spell by mentioning it but they have been getting along quite well lately. Taye is grumpy and demanding and cautious, Jaxon is friendly, outgoing and a peacemaker. They make a great team.
We played at our favorite park and I might have taken a short rest on a bench under this big oak tree. Ahhh!
Scotia had preschool but the boys and I went on this great adventure/hike back in the woods. (Wishing we had a big mountain to climb) We had to stop at the stream to look for crystals.
Our neighbor gave us tickets for a Hurricanes game. We loved it.
We met some friends at a park - they all get along so well and spent hours playing. At lunch time an author in the group read her funniest stories and they laughed - a lot!
Back to school for everyone and I need to get some work done or we will be hungry and homeless!




You're such a great mom! Love how much fun you guys have!
ReplyDeletewhat a great break. We did see a little boy running at ragnar- maybe Jaxon would like to join us next year.
ReplyDeleteWhew you guys were busy! Looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteso fun!! you guys do the neatest things:)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lot of fun! We love our bike extension (ours is called hitch-hiker :). Let the good times roll!
ReplyDeletethat looks like a really fun fall break.
ReplyDeleteI feel a little envy that your fall break included perfectly green trees and t-shirt weather. It looks lovely.