Hands down, no question my all time favorite restaurant is Cafe Rio in Provo. They make food that I love. Specifically they make a shredded pork salad that is out of this world.
Last weekend I picked up Taye in DC. We hung out with friends in Old Town Alexandria on Friday night and enjoyed the wharf and the buskers. On our way home on Saturday we stopped at the brand new Cafe Rio in Manassas.
It was every single bit as good as I remembered from my college glory days. The tortillas are cooking as you wait, the salad has beans, rice, lettuce, meat and a scoop of guacamole, a scoop of pico, tortilla strips, fresh cilantro, a lime wedge and cilantro vinaigrette to die for.
Taye loved the steak burrito with hot sauce and of course we carted two home in a cooler for dad!
Bless you Cafe Rio for moving across the country for us. Raleigh next?

Canada please? I'm ruined now, any food like that I try and eat anywhere else is just gross by comparison.
ReplyDeleteI was waiting for a mouth watering recipe to follow!!!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to try it.
ReplyDeleteWow. We're going to have to go on a road trip next summer.
ReplyDeleteMichal,
ReplyDeleteHere's the recipe. It's tasty - but after refreshing my taste buds on the real thing it's not even close!
http://ncbrownfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/fresh-friday-cafe-rio-take-two.html
I didn't know Cafe Rio was anywhere on the East coast. That is very useful information!! Yum.
ReplyDelete