This makes a tasty and healthy dinner. I really like the texture and flavor of barley but before this I'd only had it in beef and barley soup. I think you'll like it Emily!
Hearty Bean & Barley Soup
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup of baby carrots, diced
1 package of turkey Kielbasa, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
2 (32oz) containers of chicken stock
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup pearled barley
2 cans of Navy beans, drained (I used Great Northern)
1 can of diced tomatoesIn large sauce/soup pan, over medium-high heat, saute carrots, onion, garlic and kielbasa in oil for a few minutes. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes. Add the broth, Italian seasoning, and barley, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 40-45 minutes until barley is cooked. Add beans and tomatoes and let simmer for a few more minutes before serving.
Comments
Post a Comment