Skip to main content

Science Fair

Thanks for your help with the survey. We tested all the cars and the one with weights in the back won! Weights in the middle was not far behind.






Then Taye and I typed (Taye is a veryyyyy slow typist) and printed and cut and glued for hours one evening.


I was in the midst of gluing duty and my daily blog catch up when I saw a post about these amazing bar stools and since they totally blew me away I copied the link and forwarded it on to my sister in law Carrie who is busy decorating her new home. Less than 30 seconds after I pressed send my Skype line was ringing. Carrie has had the stools on her short list for awhile now and already knew a purchase source. She is always three steps ahead of me.


Taye's project looked great! We had fun, and it's one more thing crossed off the list for the month.

It was science day at his school - so after the fair Dan the Animal man showed up with his python (I didn't like that so much) and then Ms Karam had to kiss a pig. It was a school fundraiser and she lost (or won) dearly. I got daily updates from the boys as the money in her bucket piled up - everyone wanted the nicest teacher at this school to kiss that pig! It was a fun day.



Taye has one big race to go and then it's just party time til the month runs out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divorced

Maybe you figured something was up and maybe not.  Tyrone and I have been separated for four years (2 years during covid just living in our house with all the kids, and two years Tyrone living in a condo we purchased nearby) now and just finalized the divorce this spring.  Compared to what I usually hear it was a pretty easy process and I think we are doing a fantastic job taking care of our kids together!  I'm super proud of us!  I feel so light and free and happy and confident.  And I've been on a few dates... all which were super fun and enjoyable and relaxing.  So happy with my life at this stage.  And a few cute date outfits for you: Fancy French restaurant in Durham.  First time having a bottle of wine uncorked and poured at the table. We are both big supporters of public education.  Nearby Mexican restaurant with lots of conversation about our Canadian roots. Playing cards at a brewery in Cary.  Started off so fun and silly. ...

Appaloosa Fest 2025

Mark and Blythe and I drove north and Courtney and Christine and Nicole drove south to meet us at the Labor Day Weekend  Appaloosa Music Festival for the third year in a row.  Georgia's dad's (Ben) band was playing !  They sounded amazing!  Mark's favorite of the whole weekend. Scythian played and we danced.  Then we got home to our haunted house super late and stayed up even later playing a game.  Sunday morning we hiked Knob's ridge.  And then back for a second day of music.  And Blythe taking care of the animals.  Monday morning Courtney and Nicole were feeling a little sick so they headed home.  Mark, Blythe and I hiked to the Seven Pools and then drove home too.  Great weekend! Blythe and I both had shirts on that we took from Courtney's good will  pile last time we were at her house.  

I did not lose my faith I lost my belief

A few years ago just before Christmas Scotia asked Tyrone if Santa was real and he told her the truth. She'd been working up to it - wondering why I had a closet full of presents under a blanket, why the wrapping paper all matched, how Santa could get in the house without a proper fireplace, how could Santa make it around the world in one night, how could he get in houses without a key, why some kids got so much or so little or nothing... finally the evidence was just overwhelming and she asked Tyrone. Post Santa Christmases are just as good as Santa Christmases.  She loves helping me buy presents and she is chief wrapper now.