This tastes as yummy as the real thing but is so easy I don't mind making it on a regular basis. Add a salad on the side and you're set.
1 lb ground beef
1 jar spagetti sauce
1 cup water* (don't forget it)
1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
1 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 tbsp parsley
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and *water. Mix ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tbsp parmesan, egg and parsley.
SPOON 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit; and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered until melted.
(Sometimes I use extra noodles to make it a bit thicker. Sometimes I skip the mozzarella and parmesan - depending on what I have. I don't have dried parsley so I toss in a little oregano and basil. I also let it cook about 4 hours on low and then turn in off and let it sit for an hour to finish absorbing all the liquid. Do not cook on High)
Source: Kraft.com
this seems exactly like my recipe! Love it! Nothin' beats good lasagna and bread!
ReplyDelete