Last weekend the boys and I ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge. It's a two mile run from NC State to the Krispy Kreme store where you try to eat a dozen donuts and then run the two miles back. (I'm sure you can totally imagine the college boys who dreamed this race up a few years ago)
In the pouring rain and freezing cold we accompanied 6000 or so other runners on the adventure and had an absolute blast. The running warmed us up. The rain cooled our faces. The donuts were delicious. And man can Jaxon run! He left me at the start line and I didn't see him again 'til he was hanging out at the finish line with Tyrone and Scotia waiting for Taye and me to cross. That 7 year old can run four miles like it's a walk in the park. He's steady and fast! I held Taye's hand the entire time and besides our donut break he didn't stop.
If you're a local and any sort of runner I highly recommend the race! All the proceeds (100K this year) benefit a local children's hospital.
That is so awesome that you did the Krispy Kreme Challenge! Next year, we'll come cheer you guys on.
ReplyDeletesteady and fast like his momma
ReplyDeleteLiving in Nova Scotia, Canada, I've never eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut. We have Tim Horton's or Robins doughnuts. However I've heard nothing but great things about Krispy Kreme. I imagine that I would give eating the 12 doughnuts a good shot. As for the run, I'm not so sure, sigh! Well done!!!
ReplyDeleteI may take the credit for Jaxon's excessive talking, but I think it was you who ran until he was born, so you get the credit for the runner in the family!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete