I can't say enough good about this jam. It rocks! The taste is so fresh you'll never want to eat ordinary jam again.



The key is this happy little 'Ball Simple Creations No Cook Freezer Jam' packet that I find at my grocery store.
It's so easy you can assign one person to each step and be done in a snap.
1. Pick fresh berries. Wash and hull.
2. Crush berries in blender until you have four cups.
3. Stir 1 1/2 cups of sugar and contents of package into a bowl and combine.
4. Add crushed fruit to sugar mixture. Stir until well combined and pour into containers. Freeze what you won't eat this week!
PS - If you're in Raleigh our favorite Strawberry U-pick is Hunts at 4505 Watkins rd. It's down Louisburg a few miles and then right on Mitchell Mill, right on Watkins. 919-266-1619
Ouuu, i ADORE home made strawberry jam, and we made our first over the winter this year (with non-local blueberries... boo!).
ReplyDeleteAnyhoo, saw your comment on The Conscious Shopper... I AM a Nova Scotian!! Living in Halifax right now, but grew up on the South Shore.... :)
It would appear you're not in NS right now- but did I gather you're also a Nova Scotian?? :)
YAY for strawberry freezer jam. We currently have some in our fridge. It is our fave! I hope the rain lets up so you guys can pick some more tomorrow to replenish your supply.
ReplyDelete