Here's the new and improved version of our favorite peanut butter noodles.
whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 package firm tofu
Sauce:
1/2 cup soy nut butter or creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large juicy lime, or two small)
2 cloves garlic, quartered
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (I just peel a nice sized chunk and toss it right into the blender to get liquefied)
handful of fresh cilantro (wash it and toss it in the blender)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Toppings:
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I skip this)
1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (And this too)
Just three easy steps.
1. Step one. Boil a box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles and drain.
2. Step two. Toast the tofu. Slice as thinly as you can and cook on a pancake griddle or a non stick pan, a few minutes on each side until it's nice and toasty. Then cut into thin bite size strips. No extra flavoring needed because the sauce will add all the umph!
3. Mix the sauce ingredients in a blender until nice and smooth. Combine noodles, sliced tofu and sauce in a large serving bowl. Delicious!
This is a family favorite!
Maybe I'll have to try this one. I tried the other, and I don't know what I did wrong, but it ended up horrible! (I'm sure it was something I did, because we love this dish in restaurants.) Anyway, that was a while ago, but my son just wrote a paper about it when he had to write his least favorite food. Oops ... :) But maybe if I try this and get it right this time he'll like 'em now. I can hope, anyway. :)
ReplyDelete