Friday was a holiday for the kids and since it was an incredibly warm and sunny day we headed to a local lake. It has a nice sized beach area and the kids had an absolute blast digging and splashing in the water. They spent hours contentedly playing til it was time to head home for supper.



A Nova Scotian upbringing takes a long time to break. It was April 2 and I couldn't imagine that the water would be anything other than frigid - the trees are just barely starting to get leaves. So most of the kids just had on shorts and shirts - to dip toes in and then play in the sand. Hah, first thing they do after a quick lunch is head straight for the water and dive in. It was cool but still plenty nice for swimming. Learned my lesson! We'll definitely be doing this little outing again!
I should note that these kids get along really well. Rob and Carleen just feel like my family and I think the kids all think the same thing too...
Where did you go? We need to find a close beach!
ReplyDeleteI love it! We actually had wonderful weather as well. We were at 77 for 3 days straight!!!
ReplyDeletewow, what a great life for everyone!
ReplyDeleteWishing more Wonderful days to come!!!! Days like that can't beat them. Thanks! Jessica
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys!
Carleen
I want to know where you went too! it looks a lot closer then the 2 hr drive to the beach.
ReplyDelete