These little no bake cookies are fast and easy to make and perfectly chocolaty.
They are an old Ripple stand by. When I was a teenager we had foster children who lived in our home. Some stayed for awhile, others came and went pretty quickly. One girl got hooked on these cookies and made them every day after school.
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp cocoa
3 cups quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut
*1/2 cup peanut butter
In a medium pot stir together the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Stir until boiling and then stir for an additional two minutes. Then turn off burner.
Stir in oatmeal, coconut and vanilla and scoop by tablespoon onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
If you have peanut butter lovers in your house then after you've scooped out half of the plain chocolate ones you can stir in the peanut butter and make the other half. It must be done this way in our house!
Very interested, Quintina made us some a couple of days ago. They are very yummy!
ReplyDeleteI have never made them before with coconut....I will have to try them that way! I love no bake cookies....the only problem is I love them too much! :)
ReplyDeleteThe coconut is the best part! I always add extra.
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny. I just made some this morning. I love them, quick and easy. I have never tried coconut though.. I even have coconut down in the cupboard right now. Hmmm.. maybe I'll have to make another batch! :-)
ReplyDeleteOnly one problem with theses cookies--- too yummy ;it's hard to eat just one.
ReplyDelete