This is a supper Tyrone and the kids love. And it's super fast - perfect for when you have to throw something together in a hurry.
For us it's five layers, and it would just be three if "they" had their way.
1 can refried beans
queso or sour cream
1 lb hamburger, browned
1 package taco seasoning
sliced lettuce and tomato
First I brown the hamburger and mix with taco seasoning. I spread the beans on the bottom of a square pryex dish and warm them. Then add a layer of queso and warm some more. Then I add the hamburger on top and cover with lettuce and tomato. If I don't have queso I use sour cream in the middle (no warming) and then sprinkle some cheese on top of the hamburger.
Serve with a big bowl of tortilla chips.
If you're the mom - you can crunch up some chips in a bowl, spoon on a bit of the layer dish and then top with lots of lettuce, tomatoe and taco sauce. It's makes a great taco salad.
Yum, that looks so good, Jessica! I think I'll try it.
ReplyDeletePS I started a new public blog, so you can click on my name to get to it! :)