I spent the weekend in Charleston with three of my best friends and it was a blast. Interesting, adventurous and totally relaxing....
We ate lots of delicious food.

Walked past this gorgeous lighthouse.

Loved the beach.

Found a massive horseshoe crab which we had to photograph for the kids.


Walked down the waterfront and waded in this fabulous pineapple fountain.

Spent hours wandering the streets of historic homes and photographing all the doorways and gates and other details we loved. (More on that later)

Toured a mansion full of the most insane collection of antiques you have ever, ever seen. Now when I watch Antiques Roadshow with my kids and we wonder who will buy that Early American Traditional Chest for $50,000 or the Egyptian mother of pearl inlaid chairs for a sweet penny I will know. There is a man who owns a house on Meeting Street in Charleston and he is hoarding 10's and 100's of millions of dollars of antiques. Here is his backyard fountain.

Toured Coastal Living Magazine's Idea Home 2009. The kitchen, dining, family room set up is one that I have loved and the tile in the kitchen was awesome. Please Dad, come visit - I have an idea for a project or two...

More beach before the drive home. We watched a large freshly packed container ship leave the harbour. It had what looked like military tanks on the top stacked up like matchbox cars.

Thanks for a splendid weekend girls and of course Tyrone for giving me a few day off!
We ate lots of delicious food.
Walked past this gorgeous lighthouse.
Found a massive horseshoe crab which we had to photograph for the kids.
Walked down the waterfront and waded in this fabulous pineapple fountain.
Spent hours wandering the streets of historic homes and photographing all the doorways and gates and other details we loved. (More on that later)
Toured a mansion full of the most insane collection of antiques you have ever, ever seen. Now when I watch Antiques Roadshow with my kids and we wonder who will buy that Early American Traditional Chest for $50,000 or the Egyptian mother of pearl inlaid chairs for a sweet penny I will know. There is a man who owns a house on Meeting Street in Charleston and he is hoarding 10's and 100's of millions of dollars of antiques. Here is his backyard fountain.
Toured Coastal Living Magazine's Idea Home 2009. The kitchen, dining, family room set up is one that I have loved and the tile in the kitchen was awesome. Please Dad, come visit - I have an idea for a project or two...
More beach before the drive home. We watched a large freshly packed container ship leave the harbour. It had what looked like military tanks on the top stacked up like matchbox cars.
Thanks for a splendid weekend girls and of course Tyrone for giving me a few day off!
Wow , that looked like the perfect place for you girls to hangout!I, too, would have been drooling over those properties.Georgous totally.
ReplyDeleteMiss you already. Don't forget "41". That also took some time for those who were awake!! Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome trip!
ReplyDeletecourtney i have that yellow shirt!!