
We didn't see so much as a breeze from Bill around these parts but he hit hard in Nova Scotia.
Here's a picture of the causeway out at Western Head, this skinny little ten mile loop goes past my old house, all the way out along the harbour and back through the trees. If I biked that loop once (and I have) I've done it 100+ times. All the Ripples are hoping it gets repaired - going home won't be the same without it.
Picture from Queens County Times.
I will miss that loop , too. I think the ocean has said it wants its freedom to move further inland back.All those rocks in Victoria Lake werebefore the storm , on the ocean side of the road in a large burm.Those waves have a lot of strength behind them.
ReplyDeleteI thought that too. That's quite a storm to pick up those rocks and move them... maybe a bridge? Or at least a little path that would be cheap to repair so that walkers and bikers could continue?
ReplyDelete