Skip to main content

Locked out!

Saturday morning after my long, long run the boys had soccer. It was a beautiful sunny day and they had a great time playing. Afterwards Dad left to play ball and we decided to eat our lunch at a nice park nearby before heading home.

We enjoyed our lunch at the picnic table and watched some kids swimming in the lake. The boys thought that would be fun so they grabbed the keys and headed up to the van in the parking lot to change back into regular clothes.

Jaxon came back first and left the keys for Taye in the van. Taye though Jaxon had the keys so he just pressed the lock all doors button and then hopped out. Lock Out!!! We borrowed some one's cell to leave a message for Dad who was busy balling and then enjoyed picking flowers and getting wet at the lake. Jax is one fearless cookie!
We headed back to the van when we thought Dad would be close to finishing up with ball but he was having a banner day and playing late. Arrrghhh.... we waited for over an hour in the parking lot. We paced, we sat, we tried to squeeze Jaxon through the sun roof that was just open a few inches. And finally we just sat dejectedly leaning against the van - waiting. I should say they were all very patient. Including Scotia who had a dirty diaper - which I removed and wiped with a leftover lunch napkin and then she just went diaperless under her shorts.

By the time Dad arrived the boys were asking if this was what it felt like to be homeless. We've never been so glad to see Dad and get back into our van.

Comments

  1. How frustrating!!! Sounds like you weathered it well, though. My hubby's car came w/a plastic key that is cut out of a credit card, so he always has a spare in his wallet. (When he's not using it it folds back in so it's just like a credit card again. Not really sure how to explain.) Too bad they don't give those with ALL cars, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the weather was good an that you all are ok. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh!!!
    I hear it's a good idea to give someone a spare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is horrible! So glad the kids did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we do have a spare key in our house and we do have emergency road side service. I'd have used one or the other if Tyrone wasn't just a b-ball game away from coming to get us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Divorced

Maybe you figured something was up and maybe not.  Tyrone and I have been separated for four years (2 years during covid just living in our house with all the kids, and two years Tyrone living in a condo we purchased nearby) now and just finalized the divorce this spring.  Compared to what I usually hear it was a pretty easy process and I think we are doing a fantastic job taking care of our kids together!  I'm super proud of us!  I feel so light and free and happy and confident.  And I've been on a few dates... all which were super fun and enjoyable and relaxing.  So happy with my life at this stage.  And a few cute date outfits for you: Fancy French restaurant in Durham.  First time having a bottle of wine uncorked and poured at the table. We are both big supporters of public education.  Nearby Mexican restaurant with lots of conversation about our Canadian roots. Playing cards at a brewery in Cary.  Started off so fun and silly. ...

Appaloosa Fest 2025

Mark and Blythe and I drove north and Courtney and Christine and Nicole drove south to meet us at the Labor Day Weekend  Appaloosa Music Festival for the third year in a row.  Georgia's dad's (Ben) band was playing !  They sounded amazing!  Mark's favorite of the whole weekend. Scythian played and we danced.  Then we got home to our haunted house super late and stayed up even later playing a game.  Sunday morning we hiked Knob's ridge.  And then back for a second day of music.  And Blythe taking care of the animals.  Monday morning Courtney and Nicole were feeling a little sick so they headed home.  Mark, Blythe and I hiked to the Seven Pools and then drove home too.  Great weekend! Blythe and I both had shirts on that we took from Courtney's good will  pile last time we were at her house.  

I did not lose my faith I lost my belief

A few years ago just before Christmas Scotia asked Tyrone if Santa was real and he told her the truth. She'd been working up to it - wondering why I had a closet full of presents under a blanket, why the wrapping paper all matched, how Santa could get in the house without a proper fireplace, how could Santa make it around the world in one night, how could he get in houses without a key, why some kids got so much or so little or nothing... finally the evidence was just overwhelming and she asked Tyrone. Post Santa Christmases are just as good as Santa Christmases.  She loves helping me buy presents and she is chief wrapper now.