1 large bunch broccoli, cut into small flowerets, not cooked
10-12 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (I buy a precooked pack and then just toss in the microwave - much faster and less mess)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
Combine broccoli, bacon, raisins and onion in a large bowl.
Blend mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and stir to coat well.
Cover and marinate at least one hour.
This is another great Emily salad that I just can't get enough of!
10-12 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (I buy a precooked pack and then just toss in the microwave - much faster and less mess)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
Combine broccoli, bacon, raisins and onion in a large bowl.
Blend mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and stir to coat well.
Cover and marinate at least one hour.
This is another great Emily salad that I just can't get enough of!
Mmmm ... I love this ... although I haven't tried it with bacon. I also generally substitute dried cranberries for the raisins. I'll have to make me some soon!
ReplyDeleteMy MIL makes this salad, and it is delicious. She also adds small bits of shredded carrots and slivered almonds. She makes the dressing with honey and mayo instead of sugar. Love it!
ReplyDelete