1 cup couscous
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp (or more) fresh lime juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
4 gr onions, chopped (never use these)
1/4 cup (or more) cilantro, chopped
15 oz can of corn, drained
15 0z can of black beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil, add couscous, turn off pot, cover and let sit
2. Whisk oil, lime, vinegar and cumin
3. Fluff the couscous, break up any chunks, add veggies
4. Add dressing, mix well and refrigerate
I love, love, love this salad and I think my Mom loves it even more. Since I first got the recipe from a friend of Tyrone's family it's been a requirement at most Ripple family gatherings, too bad for Jake who doesn't like couscous of all things!
*Couscous can be found in little boxes near the wild rice or other such things at a regular grocery store and in bulk bins at places like Whole Foods or Fresh Market. It's really easy to cook and takes on the flavour of whatever you are cooking.
Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to have a more diligent hunt for couscous -- last time I tried to find it I never did, and the employees I asked (yes, more than one) looked at my like I was speaking a foreign language. :)
ReplyDeleteAlready bought the ingredients and I can't wait.
ReplyDeleteYes, My absolutely favorite salad--light ,fresh and satisfying. Thank you to Tyrones family!
ReplyDeletemmmmm i'm actually eating a huge plate of it right now for supper. i'm searching for the avacado salad recipe. sloan will only eat couscous if i ask him too. he really likes lucky charms and meat. but luckily he'll eat whatever i put in front of him :)
ReplyDelete