I grew up eating these cookies and I haven't found anything else that even comes close. Every now and then Tryone and I try a different cookie recipe and we always come back to this one - it's the best.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
· 1 CUP SOFT BUTTER
· 2 CUPS BROWN SUGAR
· 2 EGGS
· 1 CUP COCONUT
· 1 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS
· 2 CUPS ROLLED OATS
· 2 CUPS FLOUR
· 1 tsp. BAKING POWDER
· ½ tsp. SALT
· 1 tsp. BAKING SODA
Cream butter and brown sugar, add eggs and beat. Add coconut, choc. chips and rolled oats. Sift dry ingredients together and add to above. Drop by teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 8 minutes*.
I like to add dried cranberries to 1/2 the batter for a tart/sweet killer cookie combo.
The key to making these cookies great is taking them out before they are done. They need to be cooked but still soft and shiny. As they cool they will become moist and chewy instead of hard and crunchy. Take it from Tyrone - he's the cookie master/monster!
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
· 1 CUP SOFT BUTTER
· 2 CUPS BROWN SUGAR
· 2 EGGS
· 1 CUP COCONUT
· 1 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS
· 2 CUPS ROLLED OATS
· 2 CUPS FLOUR
· 1 tsp. BAKING POWDER
· ½ tsp. SALT
· 1 tsp. BAKING SODA
Cream butter and brown sugar, add eggs and beat. Add coconut, choc. chips and rolled oats. Sift dry ingredients together and add to above. Drop by teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 8 minutes*.
I like to add dried cranberries to 1/2 the batter for a tart/sweet killer cookie combo.
The key to making these cookies great is taking them out before they are done. They need to be cooked but still soft and shiny. As they cool they will become moist and chewy instead of hard and crunchy. Take it from Tyrone - he's the cookie master/monster!
I hope you are eating tons of these!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe. We have a good one, but it doesn't have coconut in it, which I LOVE. I'm all for a good recipe, and there are a LOT of oatmeal chocolate chip ones that aren't good.
ReplyDelete