Someday Taye will be up for the job of a lifetime and they will google his name and see this post and it will all be over.... but I've got to say it. My kids are terrorists. Sure they look all sweet and good and behave nicely in public forums. But at home they are torturing me by depriving me of sleep (Scotia is sick and can't breathe) and smearing makeup all over my beautiful master bed shams (Scotia likes to get into my stuff), sucking up all of Dad's extra time and attention and just generally wreaking havoc in my attempt at an orderly life. The boys have been playing in the stream all week so every pair of jeans is coated in dirt and slime, their jackets and sweaters have to be washed each day, and every time they eat a snack the kitchen goes from clean to disaster in 30 seconds. Aargh!
What I would really like is a day off where I wake on my own accord and spend the day as I so desire - just 5,840 days to go til my very own vacation.
I am also thankful for two very nice teenage boys who played 2 on 3 basketball with my boys and their neighbour friend for an hour at the gym this eve. It was a chilly and drizzly day and we needed out of the house - the kids had a blast playing real basketball and the teenagers didn't seem any worse for the lack of competition. Thanks!
What I would really like is a day off where I wake on my own accord and spend the day as I so desire - just 5,840 days to go til my very own vacation.
I am also thankful for two very nice teenage boys who played 2 on 3 basketball with my boys and their neighbour friend for an hour at the gym this eve. It was a chilly and drizzly day and we needed out of the house - the kids had a blast playing real basketball and the teenagers didn't seem any worse for the lack of competition. Thanks!
Yes, I figure my house will look like a hurricane zone until my youngest goes to 1st grade. Maybe THEN I will catch up ...
ReplyDelete