To guide us in these latter days....
This week as the sky was falling down all around I was so grateful for a prophet of God who has been saying things like this for the past decade:
“The time has come to get our houses in order.
“So many of our people are living on the very edge of their incomes. In fact, some are living on borrowings. …
“I am troubled by the huge consumer installment debt which hangs over the people of the nation, including our own people. …
“I urge you … to look to the condition of your finances. I urge you to be modest in your expenditures; discipline yourselves in your purchases to avoid debt to the extent possible. Pay off debt as quickly as you can, and free yourselves from bondage”
"If you have paid your debts, if you have a reserve, even though it be small, then should storms howl about your head, you will have shelter for your wives and children and peace in your hearts. That’s all I have to say about it, but I wish to say it with all the emphasis of which I am capable."
President Gordon B. Hinckley in Conference Report, Oct. 1998; 70, 72; or Ensign, Nov. 1998, 53–54.
Speaking of church, we just moved into a brand new church house this past week. It's so nice and new. But today I spent 5 1/2 hours moving three floor to ceiling nursery closets full of toys and snacks, one half size sunbeam closet and one full size primary closet to the new building. Fortunately I had Katie to help. She is indispensable. A great worker if ever there was one. If I ever need a counselor again I will go on the hunt for her! Taye also spent the whole day carrying stuff in and out, back and forth. He did a great job!
This week as the sky was falling down all around I was so grateful for a prophet of God who has been saying things like this for the past decade:
“The time has come to get our houses in order.
“So many of our people are living on the very edge of their incomes. In fact, some are living on borrowings. …
“I am troubled by the huge consumer installment debt which hangs over the people of the nation, including our own people. …
“I urge you … to look to the condition of your finances. I urge you to be modest in your expenditures; discipline yourselves in your purchases to avoid debt to the extent possible. Pay off debt as quickly as you can, and free yourselves from bondage”
"If you have paid your debts, if you have a reserve, even though it be small, then should storms howl about your head, you will have shelter for your wives and children and peace in your hearts. That’s all I have to say about it, but I wish to say it with all the emphasis of which I am capable."
President Gordon B. Hinckley in Conference Report, Oct. 1998; 70, 72; or Ensign, Nov. 1998, 53–54.
Speaking of church, we just moved into a brand new church house this past week. It's so nice and new. But today I spent 5 1/2 hours moving three floor to ceiling nursery closets full of toys and snacks, one half size sunbeam closet and one full size primary closet to the new building. Fortunately I had Katie to help. She is indispensable. A great worker if ever there was one. If I ever need a counselor again I will go on the hunt for her! Taye also spent the whole day carrying stuff in and out, back and forth. He did a great job!
Comments
Post a Comment