I consider fresh ginger, cilantro and lime to be my holy trinity of cooking flavors (fresh basil comes a close fourth) - so if I see a recipe with one of the four I try it. This one I love and cook all the time.
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot (I use way more ginger than this - maybe three big tbsp. Love this stuff!)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons) (I never use these, although I'm sure they'd be pretty)
big pot of sticky rice
1. Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper; set aside.
2. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add chicken, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Add broth mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts. Sprinkle with onions.
4. Serve over rice.
(Also, the first six ingredients make a great multi-purpose stir fry sauce, just mix with a bunch of veggies and serve over rice)

Speaking of my culinary trinity I'm off to Utah where I will feast on lime and cilantro all week at Cafe Rio. Can't wait!
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot (I use way more ginger than this - maybe three big tbsp. Love this stuff!)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons) (I never use these, although I'm sure they'd be pretty)
big pot of sticky rice
1. Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper; set aside.
2. Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add chicken, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Add broth mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts. Sprinkle with onions.
4. Serve over rice.
(Also, the first six ingredients make a great multi-purpose stir fry sauce, just mix with a bunch of veggies and serve over rice)
Speaking of my culinary trinity I'm off to Utah where I will feast on lime and cilantro all week at Cafe Rio. Can't wait!
Comments
Post a Comment